.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://www.publiusforum.com/illini/illinialliance_main.html" >



Digg!

Monday, May 09, 2005

 

Our Newest Op Ed

Two Years on the Death Diet: A Brief Retrospective
- By Todd Wilber


Well it has been two years since I started on the Atkins Diet. Contrary to some people's expectations I have not dropped dead and my heart has not exploded out of my chest. I actually eat less meat and cheese than before Atkins and I eat more veggies in a day than I did in a month (so much for the main stream press propaganda).

I have lost 133 lbs (from 348lbs to 215lbs), thirteen inches off my chest (from 60" to 47"), twelve and a half inches off my belly (from 56 to 43_") eleven inches off my waist (from 50" to 39"), and four and a quarter inches off my neck (from 21_" to 17_"). My Cholesterol is, as of last August, 168. I am health as a hog and I am actually able to see my feet again! It is also nice to climb into my semi and not have the steering wheel in my gut. I am continually amazed what you can do when you are not carrying around an extra 133 lbs.

The Atkins Diet gives me the structure and firm boundaries I need to help my lack of self control when it comes to food. If you stick to the plan and are creative the Atkins can really be a life changing experience. It is hard getting started but it gets easier as you go. I recommend the Atkins Diet to anyone who has failed on all the low fat/ high carb/high sugar diets out there, like I did, and needs a unique diet.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home






Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?