.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://www.publiusforum.com/illini/illinialliance_main.html" >



Digg!

Saturday, August 13, 2005

 

Our Newest Op Ed

In Defense of a "Dogmatist"
- Eric Reikowski


Last week, I wrote a column entitled "The Lame Joke of Progressive Christianity," and it appears that I've touched a few nerves. The said column prompted an immediate response article from two indignant writers who labeled me a "dogmatic fundamentalist" who is "giving Christianity a bad name." They further stated that, in writing such a column, I have taken "the majority of Christians" as a joke.

I apologize. I had no idea that, in denouncing abortion, homosexual activity, and coerced redistribution of wealth, I was offending most Christians. I also was unaware that I had accused progressive Christians of vigorously campaigning to remove Christian symbols from the public square. I am pretty sure that I was referring to the ACLU on that one.

These writers claim that I am peddling an antiquated Christian theology that focuses on vengeance and judgment rather than on compassion and love. They insist I am making unfounded judgments about progressive Christians (even though the basis for such judgments comes straight from the progressives' themselves) and they will refrain from stooping to my level. Yet, they turned right around and accused people like me of "rolling around in the Old Testament while not living life like Jesus would want them to." Furthermore, "[I] am too busy quoting Biblical versus (sic) to listen to the words of beauty that the Son of God spoke in the Sermon on the Mount." Apparently my critics don't listen to them either considering where the lone Biblical passage I had quoted came from............
Click HERE To Read On
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home






Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?