.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://www.publiusforum.com/illini/illinialliance_main.html" >



Digg!

Friday, March 31, 2006

 

Hostage, Jill Carroll, Ripping USA on Film



ABC News has discovered a tape made by the Iraqi insurgents holding reporter Jill Carroll earlier on the day she was released. On this tape, Carroll is singing the praises of those people who had kidnapped her.(See Report Here)

Of course, she may have be feigning this voiced respect of her kidnappers, after all they still held her during the taping, but she went into an awful lot of gushing detail abut how bad the USA and Bush are as well as how great her captors are.

I will not presume that she meant all of this against the USA, necessarily, but she sure has an awful lot to answer for.

Here are some of the things she said according to ABC News

"Well, I think the Mujahedeen are very smart and even with all the technology and all the people the American Army has here, they still are better at knowing how to live and work here and more clever, despite all the technology of the American Army, still more clever and better at being here than the American Army, still better at what they do.

...it's pretty clear that the Mujahedeen are the ones that will have the victory left at the end of the day. It shows that no matter no matter what Americans try to say is happening here or try to do with all their weapons, they aren't going to be able to stay here, they're not going to be able to stop the Mujahedeen and that's for sure.

There are a lot of lies to come out of the American government, calling the Mujahedeen terrorists and other things and I think it's important that American people hear from me the Mujahedeen are only trying to defend their country.

Yeah, he (Bush) needs to stop this war. He knows this war is wrong. He knows that it was illegal from the very beginning. He knows that it was built on a mountain of lies and I think he needs to finally admit that to the American people and make the troops go home and he doesn't care about his own people.

Well, I feel guilty honestly. I've been here, treated very well, like a guest. I've been given good food, never, never hurt while those women are in Abu Ghraib. Terrible things are happening to them with the American soldiers are torturing them and other things I don't want, I can't even say, so I feel guilty and I also feels it shows the difference between the Mujahedeen and Americans, the Mujahedeen are merciful and kind that's why I'm free and alive. The American army they aren't […not clear…] I feel guilty and I also feel that it just shows that Mujahedeen are good people, fighting an honorable fight, a good fight while the Americans are here as an occupying force treating the people in a very, very bad way so I can't be happy totally for my freedom, there are people still suffering in prisons and very difficult situations."

This, to me, seems FAR more than mealy mouthing what the terrorists want to hear. It seems an awfully enthusiastic endorsement of what the terrorists are doing, not only to US troops but to the Iraqi people.

Any sympathy I may have had for Carroll is now on hold until I hear from her what she meant. Now that she is free she has the opportunity to clarify this propaganda she was involved in.

Well, miss Carroll? Did you mean any or all of what you said?

-Warner Todd Huston
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home






Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?