.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://www.publiusforum.com/illini/illinialliance_main.html" >



Digg!

Friday, April 07, 2006

 

Our Newest Op Ed

September 11th at the Movies--Too Painful to Remember, or Too Eager to Forget?
- By Justin Darr


Ever have a conversation with someone who does not want to talk to you about the subject at hand? You know the ones: Why are you asking me for money again? When are you going to get around to returning all the tools you barrowed? And, what are your intentions with my daughter?

The worse part about these conversations is not just trying to bring the subject up, but having to sit through someone's restatement of the facts as you know them, but with a little twist that comes from their peculiar filter on reality: "So, when I said, 'I need my reciprocating saw by Tuesday,' you thought I meant, "Go ahead and keep it.'" Or worse, they just stymie you and avoid the entire subject by blaming you for bringing it up in the first place: "How could you ask me to hurry up when I’m busy watching television," or, “How could you be so insensitive to bring up my years of drinking and womanizing when I am so upset that my wife has left me?”

No matter what the subject or the person involved, people who react this way are just trying to avoid the facts showing they made a mistake, and are now unwilling to admit it.................
Click HERE To Read On
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home






Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?